As you progress through the levels you will learn different skills. See below for more details:
- Exploring your community and culture
- Getting around / travel
- Preparing for
- Making appointments e.g. doctor’s, dentist’s
- Discussing current affairs
- An introduction to writing formal and informal articles, letters and e-mails; filling in forms
- Reading a wide variety of short texts
- Reading a wide variety of texts
- Writing informal and formal letters and e-mails
- Improving your employability e.g. writing application forms, CVs
- Speaking and listening in informal and formal situations e.g. interviews and discussions
- Sharing and justifying opinions in discussion
- Reading a wide variety of advanced texts
- Writing a variety of articles, letters and reports
Please call our Careers Advice team on 0151 353 4444 for more information.
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.