Employer Stakeholder Pledge
Futureproof your organisation and shape the workforce of tomorrow.
The Employer Stakeholder Pledge
The Pledge is FREE to join and all employer involvement is welcome, whether you are a large organisation, SME or micro business.
You (the Employer) will:
- Be part of our Hugh Baird College guest speaker (industry insights) programme/roster.
- Provide industry-related workshops to students: e.g. introduce a new technology with demonstration, practical workshops related to the industry (fashion pattern cutting, programming, coding, sensory treatments, green technology etc).
- Be a link employer for our curriculum staff to inform them of any industry insights e.g. new technologies.
- Contribute to live industry briefs to challenge students within a simulated working environment.
- Be an industry panel member for student presentations of simulated employer challenges.
- Provide work experience to our students (block/one day per week).
- Support College staff development and upskilling through mentoring, buddying, or delivering advisory content.
- Offer a Student Scholarship Programme.
- Work with our Student Support Team to provide tips and support on interview techniques.
We (Hugh Baird College) will:
- Provide a work-ready talent pipeline of new employees for your business.
- Offer student-led services: e.g. website design, IT solutions, design solutions and branding etc.
- Be a place for business collaboration e.g: use of campus rooms, space for short courses, conferences and events.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration and networking with and between businesses.
- Offer an employer in residency (e.g. the use of the photography studios, engineering workshops, where employers can book slots to use the equipment).
- Offer lecturing opportunities to industry experts (opportunity to study a FREE module in teacher training with further progression opportunities available).
- Support you with attaining social value targets.
- Provide valued, quality-assured and customised CPD qualifications and courses to your employees.
- Support the recruitment of apprentices and offer guidance on grant opportunities and funding.