- To provide a highly credible vocational alternative to A-levels.
- To ensure that young people have learnt the skills they need to start a job after College and have a firm basis to progress in their career or higher level study.
- Employers from a range of sectors need the competencies and attributes that will be taught on T-level courses, so students who complete this qualification will be in high demand for some of the best jobs.
T-levels will be a great choice for students who:
- Aspire to achieve an advanced level of technical excellence in a chosen career pathway.
- Value the opportunity to develop their technical skills within both the classroom and the workplace.
- Are keen to experience the world of work and develop their employability skills.
- Wish to start a career in a more advanced role, or would like to progress on to a higher level apprenticeship or a degree course at university.
- T-levels will take two years to complete and are similar to A-levels; in fact, they have an even wider scope because, as well as a high level of classroom-based learning, students will develop the practical skills needed to actually carry out a job in their chosen field.
- Assessment will take place through a combination of exams, coursework, workplace observations, an employer project and an end-point assessment.
- In order to pass the qualification, students must have fully completed the industry placement element of the course and gained the necessary level of work experience which will be validated by an employer.
- When completed, the qualification will be worth the same as three A-levels and carry the equivalent UCAS points.
T-levels provide the skills and knowledge needed to progress to university level study, employment, higher technical qualifications or higher/degree apprenticeships.