Wider Information Set (WIS)
At the Hugh Baird University Centre we are committed to making it easier for prospective and current students and the wider general public to access information that we publish about ourselves and the courses we offer.
- Access and Participation Plan 2019/20
- Access Agreement 2018/19
- Access Agreement 2017/18
- Access Agreement 2016/17
- Accompanying Information and Conditions of Offer
- Analysis of HE Expenditure 2018/19
- Applications and Admissions Transparency Information
- HE Standard Additional Course Costs and Intended Hours of Study
- Hugh Baird University Centre Student Experience
- Information for Parents
- Mission & Strategic Plan
- Organisational Structure
- Quality Assurance Agency Higher Education Review of Hugh Baird College - May 2015
- Student Protection Plan
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2018-2021
- The key findings of our latest Higher Education Review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- Website Accessibility
- Tuition Fee Policy
- Financial support for University courses
- Hugh Baird University Centre Disclaimer
- Hugh Baird University Centre Prospectus - 2020 entry
- Important Dates for University Applicants leaflet
- Life in Liverpool
- Module Descriptors can be found in the Campus and Module Handbook on My Learning Zone (Student VLE)
- Programme Specifications can be found on each course information page on this website
- Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
- Study Support
- The Benefits of studying for your degree at the Hugh Baird University Centre
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) aims to create the perfect blend of knowledge and practical experience to equip its graduates with the confidence and skills they need to get ahead in the world of work and, as one of their partner institutions the Hugh Baird University Centre shares this aim.
External examining is an integral and essential part of the institutional quality assurance process and provides one of the principal means of maintaining UK threshold academic standards within autonomous higher education institutions. At the Hugh Baird University Centre, we make meticulous use of the external examiners reports to assure quality and standards and to help identify opportunities for enhancement.
External examiners reports are made available internally for students on the VLE.
Unistats is the official site to search for, and compare, data and information on university and college courses from across the UK. The site draws together comparable information on those areas that students have identified as important in making decisions about what and where to study.
Unistats – HE courses that have completed the National Student Survey (NSS) will display the results on the course landing page on the Hugh Baird University Centre website. All courses will display information on jobs and salaries after study and other key information for prospective students.
Why full Unistats data may not be available
A lack of data does not reflect on the quality of the course. There are several reasons why some courses will not have the full data to display. For example, newer courses may not yet have had the opportunity to collect student satisfaction data from the National Student Survey (NSS), or employment data from the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE). Very new courses will also not have had time to build up data about continuation, qualifications on entry, and the degree that previous students have obtained.
Some well-established courses may also not be able to show student satisfaction data or employment data. This might be because the course runs with a small number of students, so that there are not enough responses to the surveys for the data to be statistically meaningful. Data can be misleading if it only represents a small number of students, and/or less than half the students on the course.
Some private companies that provide courses do not take part in the National Student Survey (NSS), Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, or other national data collections. Therefore, these data do not appear for these courses.