Creative Make Up Design and Practice - Foundation Degree (FdA) with Optional Integrated Foundation Entry
- Approved by:
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- University Centre and Balliol Building
- Institution code:
- UCAS code:
You will study a range of core modules, including:
Foundation Entry year:
- Art & Design Studies
- Design Investigation
- Specialism Skills
- Drawing and Image Communication
FdA Year 1:
- Historical Contextual Studies
- Anatomy and Physiology for the Make Up Artist
- Fundamental Design Techniques
- Design Practice 1
FdA Year 2:
- Contemporary Contextual Studies
- Professional Development in the Freelance World
- Work Based Learning Project
- Design Practice 2
NOTE: The foundation entry element of all of our design-related foundation degrees is generic so may be delivered in classes made up of students from any of our design-related foundation degree with integrated foundation entry programmes.
Please call our Careers Advice team on 0151 353 4444 for more information.
On successful completion of this qualification, potential career paths may include:
- Commercial make up artist
- Cosmetic company make up artist
- Freelance in the fashion and photographic industry
- Editorial and catwalk
- Music industry make up artist
- Personal make up artist
- Freelance/ contractual TV and film productions make up artist / make up designer
- Theatre based – make up/wigs leading to make up designer
- Special effects make up artist for TV and film
- Own business enterprise
We want to make your university education as flexible and affordable as possible. We offer a number of financial support options to help you go further by staying local. You don’t need to pay for your tuition fees up front - Tuition Fee Loans cover university or college tuition fees and are paid direct to the university or college, by Student Finance England.
They are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn. You may also be eligible for a Maintenance Loan to help support your living costs. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/student-finance
Yes. We have a dedicated team of staff on hand to help guide you through the admissions process, from selecting the right course, to completing your UCAS application and applying for financial support.
If you have any questions, or need help at any stage, call the Retention and Progression Team on 0151 353 4444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.