Foundation Degree in Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing)
- Approved by:
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Port Academy Liverpool building
- Institution code:
- UCAS code:
You will study a range of core modules, including:
FdEng Year 1:
- 2D & 3D Computer Aided Design
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Further Mathematical Methods and Analysis
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Introduction to Mechanics
- Introduction to Programming in Engineering
FdEng Year 2:
- Further Engineering Mathematics and Simulation
- Design and Development for Manufacturing
- Mechanics, Kinematics and Materials
- Thermo Dynamics
- Robotic/Digital Systems
Successful completion of this access course leads to consideration for progression onto of one of the following courses, or similar at UCLan:
- MEng / BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- MEng / BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MEng / BEng (Hons) Motor Sports Engineering
- MEng / BEng (Hons) Robotics Engineering
- MEng / BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering
Students who complete the Foundation Degree will be well placed to enter employment in the industry specifically in the fields of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering.
Please note: Discover Uni data is available for Foundation Degree courses only, not Foundation Entry or BA/BSc Top Up courses. Where there is no data, the course will be new, and data will be available from the 1st year of completion.
We want to make your university education as flexible and affordable as possible. We offer a number of financial support options to help you go further by staying local. You don’t need to pay for your tuition fees up front - Tuition Fee Loans cover university or college tuition fees and are paid direct to the university or college, by Student Finance England.
They are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn. You may also be eligible for a Maintenance Loan to help support your living costs. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/student-finance
Yes. We have a dedicated team of staff on hand to help guide you through the admissions process, from selecting the right course, to completing your UCAS application and applying for financial support.
If you have any questions, or need help at any stage, call the Retention and Progression Team on 0151 353 4444, or email email@example.com.