This qualification covers a wide range of key subject areas in health and social care including:
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Health, safety and well-being in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Duty of care
- Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
- Communication in care settings
- Personal development in care settings
- Level 3 study in Health & Social Care
This course is designed to provide you with a choice of routes into either further study or employment within the health and social care sector. It is the ideal starting block if you are looking to pursue a career in nursing, social work or occupational therapy.
Upon completion, learners can enter either the adult care or health workforces. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, including:
- Adult care worker
- Healthcare assistant/support worker
- Personal assistant
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.