The units of this course cover both personal development and the development and growth of babies and young children (birth to 5 years and 11 months old).
You will explore:
- Respecting and valuing children
- Communication and learning
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Confidence building for the young child through play
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- Musical activities for young children
- Science activities for young children
All units will be internally assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board.
- An Introduction to Early Years Education and Care - Level 2
- Clinical Health and Dementia Care - Diploma - Level 2
- Health & Social Care - Extended Diploma – Level 2
If you are aged 16-18 then the majority of our courses are free for you to study. If you are aged 19+ then there may be fees associated with the course. You may be eligible to have some, or all of these fees waived by the College, depending on your individual circumstances. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
You do not have to let a lack of money stop you from coming to Hugh Baird College. We have bursaries and grants in place to help support those students that may find it more difficult to cover the costs of participating in further education, these include help with things such as tuition fees, childcare and travel. Visit our Student Finance pages for more information.
No. We can enrol students from any area. Public transport links are good too, so the College is easy to get to from all across Merseyside.