In the first year, you will be introduced to a variety of materials and techniques that will enable you to develop your independent thinking skills, improve your observational drawing technique and work with your own creative inspiration.
During the second year, you will work predominantly on developing your practical portfolio using a broader range of skills and media. You will be supported to develop your personal, creative voice, to research and record your responses to the work of other artists and designers. You will also have the opportunity to exhibit your work at Liverpool Small Cinema alongside Film and Media students.
If you intend to study a programme of three A-level subjects or two A-level subjects and one BTEC Extended Certificate subject:
- You will need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 or above including English Language and Maths. If you haven’t achieved a grade 4 in GCSE Maths, there may be an opportunity to re-sit this alongside your other subjects.
Additional entry requirements:
- Although there is no requirement to have studied this subject at GCSE, if you have studied this subject (or a similar subject) at GCSE then you must have achieved at least a grade 4. If you have not studied GCSE Art & Design (or a similar subject), your application will be considered on an individual basis.
The College will always treat each applicant as an individual. Should you not have or not expect to obtain the grades stated above, or not have relevant industry-related experience, the College would still welcome your application for this course as this will enable us to identify whether this course is, in fact, the right course for you or whether another course may be more appropriate.
- Component 1 – Personal Investigation (60%)
- Component 2 - Externally Set Task (40%)
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship
As an A-level student you will be based at our South Sefton Campus. This is a multi-million pound campus for dedicated to A-levels and was opened in 2009.
You will take three subjects over two years.
We offer a small number of BTEC courses at South Sefton Campus. You can study one BTEC course alongside your two A-levels.
It is not expected that a student would attend both sites, but the feasibility of this would be discussed on an individual basis. Potential timetable clashes and workload would need to be considered in detail for this to be a possibility.