- You will look at a number of different organisations facing different problems
- You will analyse the key factors involved and recommend the best course of action for a business given its existing position: should it launch a new product?
- Should managers increase staff pay or give more to shareholders?
- Should a business recruit internally or externally?
- How should you raise the finance needed to start up a business – should you borrow from a bank or sell shares?
If you intend to study a programme of three A-level subjects or two A-level subjects and one BTEC Extended Certificate subject:
- You will need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 or above including English Language and Maths. If you haven’t achieved a grade 4 in GCSE Maths, there may be an opportunity to re-sit this alongside your other subjects.
Additional entry requirements:
- Although there is no requirement to have studied this subject at GCSE, if you have studied this subject at GCSE then you must have achieved at least a grade 4. You must also have achieved at least a grade 4 in GCSE Maths.
The College will always treat each applicant as an individual. Should you not have or not expect to obtain the grades stated above, or not have relevant industry-related experience, the College would still welcome your application for this course as this will enable us to identify whether this course is, in fact, the right course for you or whether another course may be more appropriate.
All course offers will be subject to satisfactory interview and reference.
- Examination – Paper 1 (Marketing, People and Global Businesses)
- A-level (35%) 2 hours
- Examination – Paper 2 (Business Activities, Decisions and Strategy)
- A-level (35%) 2 hours
- Examination – Paper 3 (Investigating Business in a Competitive Environment)
- A-level (30%) 2 hours
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship
As an A-level student you will be based at our South Sefton Campus. This is a multi-million pound campus for dedicated to A-levels and was opened in 2009.
You will take three subjects over two years.
We offer a small number of BTEC courses at South Sefton Campus. You can study one BTEC course alongside your two A-levels.
It is not expected that a student would attend both sites, but the feasibility of this would be discussed on an individual basis. Potential timetable clashes and workload would need to be considered in detail for this to be a possibility.