- Health and Social Care - Foundation Degree (FdA) with Optional Integrated Foundation Entry
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Foundation Degree (FdA) with Optional Integrated Foundation Entry
- Health and Social Care - Foundation Degree (FdA)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Foundation Degree (FdA)
- Foundation Degree - Assistant Practitioner in Health and Social Care
- Health, Nutrition and Physical Activity - FdSc
- Health and Social Care - BSc (Hons) Top up
We are one of an elite group of providers award TEF Gold status denoting excellence in higher education teaching and learning.
Our lecturers have notable industry links and excellent, up-to-date subject knowledge, as well as extensive teaching experience.
New full time foundation degree students may be offered a bursary gift to help with their studies.
Our competitive fees and local campus help keep costs down and avoid running up unnecessary debt.
For those not quite ready for a Foundation Degree, many of our courses offer an Optional Integrated Foundation Entry route. We also have a range of Access to Higher Education courses.
Our courses are validated by leading institutions such as the University of Central Lancashire, Liverpool John Moores University and University of Cumbria.
You don’t need to pay your fees up front - Tuition Fee Loans are available for many students through Student Finance England to cover the cost of your course fees.
Full time courses often only mean attending University for up to 15 hours per week and many of our courses have a part time option too, so you can fit your study around work and family life.
Clearing gives you the opportunity to apply for a course at the Hugh Baird University Centre for a September 2020 start date. You can apply for any course with places still available (listed above).
You can use Clearing if you:
- Have already applied through UCAS and don’t have an offer of a place at another university
- Haven’t already applied through UCAS and have now decided you would like to
- Have applied but didn’t meet conditions
- Applied late
You can apply through Clearing by requesting a call back from our team on this page. It’s useful if you have a UCAS Personal ID number to hand, but don’t worry if you don’t have this, or didn’t apply through UCAS.
Anyone can apply to the University Centre through Clearing.
Clearing is available July to September each year:
If you already have your exam results (e.g. BTEC results) but you have no offers, you can use Clearing from July.
If you had conditional offers but your exam results didn’t go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day.
You will need to apply for your student loan as soon as possible but it is not guaranteed that you will receive your loan before your course starts. Please contact Student Finance England as soon as possible.
Yes you can.