You will study a mixture of units designed to give you an insight into the many different areas of professional administration.
This qualification is ideal if you work as a housing manager, team leader or aspiring to be in a supervisory or management role in the housing sector. It will prepare you for further study and progression at undergraduate and in some cases post graduate level.
You will develop skills and knowledge for the current challenges in housing, based on the CIH ‘expectations’ for chartered membership.
You will study a range of modules as part of the course, including these core units for the CIH Level 4 Diploma in Housing Practice 72 credits:
- Housing Need, Demand and Supply
- Housing Policy
- The Delivery of Housing Services
- Managing People
- Housing economics and housing finance
- Equality and diversity in housing
- Partnership working in housing
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Housing law
You will also be able to choose a number of optional units which will allow you to study particular areas in more depth. These include:
- Customer care in a housing services context
- Housing support services for independent living
- Strategies for promoting independent living
- Customer involvement in local services
- Housing management services