- Validated by:
University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- UCAS code: 8B07
- Institutional code: H65
This course has been designed to provide you with a critical understanding of contemporary and future debates within the media industry. It will equip you with critical, technical and transferable skills that will enable you to progress into a career in the industry.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Develop and promote employability skills through live briefs, competitions, enterprise, integration with the community and awareness of career opportunities and current practices, preparing students for a career in the media industry
- Develop the ability to produce creative and innovative work of high quality applying current industry conventions
- Introduce knowledge of a range of production and post production tools and techniques to be applied to professional productions and public exhibitions
- Develop transferable skills of self evaluation, independent research and project management and development
- Further provide a sound grounding in social and critical issues around media practice which will both underpin post-university work and equip those wishing to embark on postgraduate study
You will be encouraged to be creative and innovative, producing a range of work for live briefs, competitions, enterprise and exhibitions, and gain in-depth knowledge of both production and post production tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to undertake a work placement at a national media company. The ability to project manage and work independently will be essential requirements. You will have full access to studio space featuring green screen capability, professional cameras, film and sound equipment and the latest Apple Mac computers equipped with editing software.