What will I study?
This Apprenticeship is aimed at employees working in warehousing or storage that would like to increase their knowledge, skills, ability and gain a qualification in Logistics, Storage and Warehousing.
An assessor will work with the apprentice on a one-to-one basis and/or group basis. Apprentices will be visited each month at work and will also be able to contact the assessor between visits.
The Apprenticeship framework is made up of several parts:
- NVQ Certificate in Storage and Warehousing Skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in Application of Number and Communication at Level 1
- Employers’ Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This Level 2 Apprenticeship provides the skills needed when involved with warehousing and storage. Apprentices must complete two mandatory units and gain a minimum of 19 credits from optional units.
- Health, safety and security at work
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues
- Assemble orders for dispatch
- How to use hoist equipment