What will I study?
The aim of this course is to build upon the fundamental floristry skills gained at Level 2 and to introduce apprentices to a variety of jobs within the floristry industry, whilst gaining valuable employability, personal and floristry skills. Apprentices will attend employment for a minimum of 4 days per week and attend Hugh Baird College one day a week, to study for their work-based Diploma Level 3, Key Skills in Application of Number and Communication at Level 2.
The Apprenticeship framework is made up of several parts:
- Floristry NVQ Level 3
- Key Skills in Application of Number, Communications and IT at Level 2
- Employers’ Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
An assessor will work with the apprentice on a one to one basis and/or group basis. Apprentices will be visited each month at work and will also be able to contact the assessor between visits.
Whilst studying towards this qualification the following units will be covered:
- Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse tied floristry designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for weddings
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse funeral designs
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the workplace
- Manage your own resources
- Manage the environmental impact of work