What will I study?
This Apprenticeship is aimed at those who work as installers of glass supporting systems, which include window and door units. Jobs titles could include Conservatory Installer, Double Glazier and Window Fitter.
An assessor will work with the apprentice on a one-to-one basis and/or group basis. Apprentices will be visited each month at work and will also be able to contact the assessor between visits.
The Apprenticeship framework is made up of several parts:
- NVQ Diploma in Fenestration Level 2
- Key Skills in Application of Number, IT and Communication at Level 1
- Tech Cert - Certificate in Glass Related Operations Level 2
- Employers’ Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices should achieve all 4 mandatory units listed below, plus a minimum of 22 credits from the optional units.
Units covered include:
- Maintain Health and Safety within the Fenestration Installation Working Environment
- Communicating and Working with Others in the Glass and Glass Related Working Environment
- Locate, Handle, Transport and Position Materials and Components in the Fenestration Installation Working Environment
- Identify and Confirm Installation Requirements
- Install Window and Door Units
- Remove Existing Window and Door and Prepare Apertures
- Understanding the Building Regulations in the Fenestration Industry