Mark Whelan is a leader with 20 years' experience in Financial Services. Mark was appointed as National Sales Manager for Jaguar Land Rover Financial Services in January 2014 when the business transferred into LBG. The business provides point of sale finance for retail car buyers and stock funding solutions for Jaguar retailer franchises. Mark manages a team of 9; responsible for £1.4bn of retail finance and £1bn of stock funding across a network of 120 retailers introducing 48k customers to LBG each year.
- As Jaguar National Sales Manager, Mark led his team and retailers through the transition from FGAC into LBG which was described as 'Game Changing' for LBG. Mark has continuously exceeded budgetary expectations delivery results despite increasing levels of regulatory change.
- As Products Senior Manager within Black Horse; Mark ran a strategic review of the product portfolio which led to a re-structure of the product offering bringing it into line with customer first principles. During this time Mark launched Contract Hire and Personal Contract Hire through a white label in partnership with Lex Autolease.
- Mark headed the Bank of Scotland Dealer Finance integration into Black Horse; managing the impact of 200 staff; successfully integrating the businesses with minimal impact to the customer and intermediaries.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Leadership - Mark has 10 + years' experience as a people leader in a variety of arenas including motor manufacture, financial services products and commercial vehicles
- Strategy - devising and developing corporate and project strategies consistent with the vision and direction of the business
- Project and change management - taking full responsibility for determining and managing the focus and detail of business change projects from inception to delivery
- Coaching - improving and sustaining team performance through timely and well-judged support and encouragement for team members
- Financial analysis - understands budgets, forecasting and target setting and the analysis and provision of accounting MI
- Relationship management - very strong in building and maintaining internal and external commercial relationships for the benefit of business development
- Commercial Banking - Mark has spent 3 years within Commercial Banking as a relationship manager