A ‘one stop shop’ for outstanding support
The POD can be found at the front of the Balliol building and is home to the services that ensure your time at Hugh Baird College is all you want it to be.
Our friendly and experienced Student Services team can provide you with support and information on many areas such as:
The Retention & Progression Team
The Retention and Progression Coordinators work within The Student Services team to support and help you whilst you are at College, ensuring that you realise your full potential. The team are available to:
- Offer impartial information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- Find the right course to enable you to follow your dream career
- Discuss any personal or social problems or worries that are affecting you
- Help you find the right university
- Help you with UCAS application
- Work with you on getting your CV up to date and ready for employers
- Research possible employers and help get your career started
The College offers professional and confidential support to all students experiencing personal and life challenges. The Counselling service offers students the opportunity to talk freely and privately about problems in a relaxed setting with our College Counsellor.
Health & Wellbeing
Our Health and Wellbeing Services are delivered by a number of external agencies who work in partnership with the College Health and Wellbeing Coordinator. As an organisation, we have achieved Healthy College status, and are working towards and Anti-bullying Award called BIG. The Health and Wellbeing service provides access to a drop-in service and enrichments sessions covering:
- Sexual health and wellbeing
- C – Card registration (condom pickup service)
- Transgender awareness and support
- Substance misuse
- Smoking cessation
- Mental wellbeing
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- Positive Lifestyle Choices
- Personal and community safety
- Values and citizenship
- Reducing food waste
Our promise to our students
- We will give you impartial and honest advice about your course options to ensure you make the decision that is right for you.
- We promise to give you excellent information, advice and guidance.
- We will aim to support you with any financial barriers you may have so that nothing gets in the way of you achieving your study programme or course.
- We will keep you safe and make sure that we help you with any worries or concerns you encounter.
- Any support we give you such as counselling will be confidential unless we feel you are at risk of harm.
- When you are nearing the end of your study programme or course, we will help you to decide what to do next, whether it is University or starting your career.