Our driving mission is to promote equality, social inclusion and regeneration in all that we do. We will achieve this through four key objectives which are:
- Develop and improve our responses and learning provision to under-represented groups. We will aim to increase participation and improve community cohesion
- Develop responses to address social and economic disadvantage. We will develop and deliver projects that seek to engage hard to reach learners
- Narrow the gaps in achievement between different groups of learners. We will provide timely support to enable curriculum teams to respond positively to under-achievement
Ensure our learners are well-equipped with the skills and knowledge to live and work in a diverse and multi-cultural society. We will increase opportunities for delivering teaching and learning that improves group cohesion and values diverse contributions and ensure teaching and learning positively represents different groups within society.
We celebrate equality and diversity and offer equal opportunities to all. We welcome applications from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
- 25% of our students have a declared disability
- 16% of our students receive additional support during their time at the college
- 10.8% of our students are from an ethnic minority background, compared to 2.6% of the Sefton population